Low Impact Blog

Monday 15 October 2018

No Poo

7 months ago I decided to stop using conventional hair care in general, shampoo, conditioner, hair oils.

I use just water to clean hair as in my area we have soft water, and I do that 2 times a week, but there many different things to use such as:

  • Apple cider vinegar
  • bicarbonate of soda 
  • soap nuts (A VIDEO on soap nuts)

Finding something to use is different for all hair types. I have thin hair but a lot of hair. 

When i went no poo, my hair started growing in length and in thickness, it is so much more soft and less straggly. I have barley as many split ends after cutting my hair, and so it is 10x stronger. It is exactly the same as shampoo, but i have found much less build up and my hair can not get as greasy as quick.

After one month my hair started to feel really crunchy and groggy, very greasy. But it only lasted 2 weeks, I think the reason it lasted such a short time is because before hand i was only washing it twice a week. I recommend slowing down and reducing how much shampoo/ hair care you use to about once a week over the period of i would say 3 months. 
If you keep brushing your hair it will spread the oils go down the ends of your hair, and keep going through the process of greasy, waxy hair as it will end.

Reasons No Poo Is More Environmental;
  • No packaging, as even though shampoo bars don't have packaging, but there is more in the process of making it.
  • Ingredients, some ingredients in shampoo and hair care is really bad for the environment, with deforestation and so death or extinction of animals (Here is VIDEO on how make up is bad for the environment, talking about deforestation and animal extinction.)
  • Hairs health, i felt stripping back my hair most days felt wrong and unnatural.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig