Low Impact Blog

Monday 19 February 2018

How To Make A Minimalist Room Cosy


How To Turn A Minimalist Room More Cosy And Less Cold And Meaningless.....



When we moved and I was redecorating I was decorating for a minimalist (Well it is a long story, but at first I hate quite a cluttered room, then later realised that clutter was no longer was needed.) Room I found it hard to have a cosy feeling. Often I don't want my room to be cosy, just clean and nothing-ee. So I have some ways to find the perfect medium, or a clean and nothing-ee to a super cosy room very quickly.

The Perfect medium ways:


Plain white sheets, but layered with blankets

Have plain white sheets on your bed, to then add some fluffy and cosy throws over the bed. But don't make these blankets to pattern crazy, or colour crazy. Just soft colours, it is softer for your eyes.

Plain Tealights 

Just regular tealights. You can put them away afterwards. They make a cosy, cosy feel. But unlike big candles, they have a more minimalist look.

Himalayan salt lamp

This I think everybody should have, if you have a nothing NOTHING room or well the opposite. They give of the most beautiful glow, and I think this is what they do, they get rid of negative ions I am not sure, you can look into if your interested. But these I really love. I have mine on the WHOLE time, there amazing.


From minimalist to a spa:

hidden fairy lights by day

Fairy lights, they make a room feel more calm. But in the day you cant see them. (So for them to be hidden make sure you cannot see the cables, or battery bit.

Again tealights

I am mentioning these again, because what I do is hide them in a organised way underneath the sofa, that way you can't see them but most nights you can take them out and burn them to make a very spa like place.

Calm and soft lighting

Lighting can make a huge difference. I like to only have my Himalayan salt lamp on, and nothing else. Or dim down you lights all the way. But I prefer a Himalayan salt lamp.

Lavender smelling room

Lavender is a very calming scent as most people know. But I love to put the essential oil in a spray bottle with water and spray it all around my room. And although you can't see it it makes the room much more cosy.

Calm meditation music

Put some music on, from spotify ( My favourite it peaceful meditation,) and it will feel like a spa in your room. And again your room is more minimal because you can't see it.


Thank you so much for reading. I have so many more blog posts like this one where I show you my desk space. I also have a YouTube channel where I post every Monday! See you on Friday for a brand new post.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

















Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig